Baby Got Back! My pear shaped princesses, embrace your tiny waist and slender arms and stop worrying about your thighs and butt! Yes, women with this body shape tend to be larger on their bottom half, with larger thighs and hips but your narrow top half, often with a slim neck and narrow shoulders, make you look elegant. Accentuate the positives and stop worrying about your perceived flaws.
The key to dressing this body type is to strike the right balance. It’s important to try to keep bulk off of your bottom half, while accentuating your smaller top half, drawing the eye upward. The devil is in the details my friends….focus on those details!
• Shirts with V-neck or scoop neck. These help to broaden shoulders and create the balance
• Highlight your tiny waist
• Look for some tops or jackets with fun and flirty puffed sleeves. Shirts that draw attention to the face are welcome. Look for buttons or ties at the neck that will draw eyes upwards.
• Top off your shirt with a blazer.- Try to find one with puffed sleeves to balance out your shoulders in proportion to your hips
• Belt is baby! Show off that waist
• Loose Trousers/Jeans- Slight flare or bootcuts are best
• Look for skirts that aren’t snug on your trouble areas.
• A-line skirts have a nice flow and just skim over your hips.
• Fabrics that are flow or drape nicely over your hips and thighs are much more flattering than stiff fabrics.
• Fun high heels
Do not wear the skinny and slim fit jeans. It will make the thighs and hips look bigger as it really sticks to your body and makes the shape more pronounced
• Longer tops and tunics can be teamed up with leggings or tighter bottoms to hide the wide hips and thighs
• Nothing tight- super tight clothes make you look larger than you actually are
• Don’t bury yourself in baggy tops, especially plus-sized women
• Avoid wearing a blazer that hits the widest point of your hips. Find one that hits slightly above or at waist level
• Do not wear the skinny and slim fit jeans. It will make the thighs and hips look bigger as it really sticks to your body and makes the shape more pronounced- unless paired with a tunic or longer top
• Don’t overdo it, but an eye-catching necklace with your v-neck tee or dangly earrings
• Avoid bulk on your bottom half
• Steer clear of pants and skirts that are tight.
• Trousers that are tapered will only make your hips look larger
• Avoid shoes with ankle straps or t-strap styles, which can make your legs look larger